This project ensures that microG works flawlessly on your phone (which can be a complicated process for a beginner). While it is a de-googled operating system, it offers all the usable replacements baked right in. So, it can be a suitable candidate for new users looking for an easy replacement. In other words, you can expect support for newer devices sooner, along with a wide range of old devices, when compared to other custom Android ROMs. LineageOS is arguably one of the most popular Android ROM, a fork of the very popular [but dead since 2016] CyanogenMod. Due to the popularity of LineageOS, you may find more devices supporting the OS. Most ROM developers do accept bug reports and work on eliminating them.
However if you got any Odin error while installing the firmware please try the below tutorial to resolve it. If you don’t want the previous data on your phone please skip the last button on Odin which is “UMS” or “USERDATA“. In the next step you need to enter your M31s into the “download mode“.
- Custom ROMs, on the other hand, allow for extensive customizations and all kinds of performance enhancements, such as battery performance, new themes, new UI, and more.
- A custom ROM is an aftermarket firmware production based on the Android source code provided by Google.
- Some custom ROMs (like Pixel Experience and Evolution X) come with GApps pre-installed.
- This custom ROM has different variants, and each option is specially designed for specific devices.
Follow our guide given below to install the Google Apps package. We at Droid Thunder won’t be responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device during or after following this flashing guide. Once you’re in TWRP, it’s a good idea to take a snapshot of your entire system (previously known as „nandroid backup“) before proceeding further. This can be useful in case you end up with a failed installation. You’ll be able to boot into TWRP and restore the backup to go back to the previous state of your device.
The ROM recently updated its source code for Android 13. Among the custom ROMs, Xtended is one of the few to have support for a long list of devices. Personally, I feel Xtended has too many features and if you like feature-packed ROMs then you can definitely give it a try. Built on top of Google’s AOSP code and adding their own custom code to it, LineageOS works as a standalone stock ROM ROM as well as the source code for many other custom ROMs out there.
- The Arrow OS project offers simple and minimalistic features that end up resulting in a clean and neat interface, that can further be customized if the user wants to.
- Custom ROMs are modified versions of the official Xiaomi firmware.
- The easiest way is to use the built-in backup and restore features of your Android phone or tablet.
- Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device.
- Also, it requires root access, which means if your devices are rooted, you can only use it.
To unbrick your Xiaomi device, you will need to download the stock ROM for your device. You can find the appropriate ROM on the Xiaomi website. Once you have downloaded the ROM, you must create a folder on your computer and extract the ROM into that folder. They are not always the most up-to-date version of Android, as Xiaomi is slower to release updates than other manufacturers. Now, close the SP Flash tool and unplug your smartphone. They lack features on other custom ROMs, such as root access and theme support.